[Madlug] Re: Network printing

Jesse Jacobsen jmjaco at home.com
Sat Aug 19 17:12:48 CDT 2000

Hi Robert,

I'm using Debian 2.2, and have set up lprng so that my wife's computer
will automatically print on mine.  In case it helps at all, here's
her printcap:

lp|Remote printer entry
        :lp=
        :rm=strider
        :rp=lp
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/remote
        :mx#0
        :sh

Here's mine:

lp|lj|hplj4l|HP Laserjet 4L:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj4l:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4l-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

(Interesting, I guess that shows you don't always need the whole entry
 on the same line.)

I'm not using printtool or anything like it.  Just manpages and text
editors.

--
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that
whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.