[Madlug] Installing Perl mods in userland

Chris Dolan chris at clotho.com
Wed Aug 1 09:57:14 CDT 2001

I don't think this answers your question exactly, but here's what I've
done in similar circumstances (no root access).

(download <perl module>.tar.gz from CPAN via HTTP)
cd ~/perl/src
tar -xzvf ~/download/<perl module>.tar.gz
cd <perl module>
perl Makefile.pl LIB=~/perl
make
make test
make install

and then put in the perl code I write either
    #!/usr/bin/perl -wT -I/home/me/perl
or
    BEGIN {unshift @INC, "/home/me/perl";}

You can accomplish the same with the PERL5LIB variable, but this is
dependent on the user then...

Chris Dolan