[Madlug] Asus P3V4X

Daugird pali at charter.net
Wed Aug 21 01:35:23 CDT 2002

I have that board.
Put a small heatsink on the clock generator, This will help the
FSB stability. Which slot adapter are you using?
is your PIII a 100 or 133 FSB chip?
also, what stepping is your PIII Cc0 steppings were pretty good

I have hit 145FSB when cooling the clock generator.
Looking at the board the clock gen is in the upper right corner.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips116/
has a picture to help

is your ram buffered? 2 gigs will restrict your max FSB.
if you have a 100FSB chip getting to 133 should not be a problem.
I got a 35 buck biostar motherboard from cpusolutions.com with
the same chipset as the P3V4X and I hit 116 FSB.
with cpu temps you can lap your heatsink, which is using 800 grit
sandpaper to "polish" the base  of the heatsink for max contact.
also artic silver 3 is a great thermal paste.
PIII chips are cool running compared to the AMD chips you have.
Get a coolmaster HCC-002 all copper heat sink
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=35-103-129-04.jpg/35-103-129-05.jpg/35-1
03-129-03.jpg

Message: 9