[Madlug] /sbin/poweroff doesn't

Will McDonald will at upl.cs.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 7 11:29:58 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 10:54:55AM -0600, Jon Nelson wrote:
> Let me guess -- you are using an ECS motherboard.  I am not one to give
> up on anything easily.  I gave up on this.  IMO it's the BIOS, and
> despite turning off anything that might, even in some craaaazy universe,
> have anything to do with power mgmt, powering off, power drills, power
> walking, power anything, the lil' bastard still shuts itself off (or
> goes into some weird coma-like state).

Wow, you must be psychic! Spooky...
Since I can't fix the poweroff "feature", can I change the Ctrl-Alt-Bksp
to another sequence? I can start X with "xinit -T" or probably change it
KDE somewhere, but it'd be nice to still have some key sequence. Another
thought I had was that I could restart X myself - what does C-A-B do? Is
it like sending a kill -HUP, or is there anything non-obvious that I
don't see? All google wants to tell my is that I can use C-A-B.

-w

--
---------Will McDonald-----------------will at upl.cs.wisc.edu----------
GPG encrypted mail preferred. Join the web-o-trust!  Key ID: F4332B28