[Madlug] kde problem in sles9sp2

CJ Kucera madlug at apocalyptech.com
Mon Sep 12 15:24:16 CDT 2005

Troy Frank wrote:
> (==) Using config file /ect/x11/xf86config

Was this actually "etc" instead of "ect", and just a remnant of having
been typed in by hand instead of copy/pasted?

> (EE) No devices detected

This probably means that the section of your xf86config file which defines
your graphics card isn't set up properly.  What card do you have, and
what's the relevant section of your xf86config?  In fact, attaching or
uploading the xf86config somewhere would be useful.

> Unless there is a pretty quick/easy way to get the xserver working, I'll
> probably just try reinstalling, and not fiddling with any of the auto-detected
> defaults (even if they are wrong).

You could certainly try "X -configure" or "xf86config" or "xf86configure"
(I always forget which one is most useful to me) to see if it'll spit
out a valid config file for you.  The one which I usually use is non-
interactive and tends to work fine 99% of the time.

-CJ

--
WOW: Kakistocracy         |   "Happiness isn't good enough for me!  I
madlug at apocalyptech.com   |              demand euphoria!"