[Madlug] anyone know how to control fan speed in an hp proliant server?

Jonathan C. Detert detertj at msoe.edu
Tue Sep 13 15:02:33 CDT 2005

I tried googling and searching hp's website, and came up with nothing.

When my server room overheated last weekend, all hp proliants running
Debian kicked the fans into high speed.  However, none of them have
dropped back down to normal speed tho the room temp is back to normal.

I don't want to reboot them in order to bring the fan speed back to
normal.  Does anyone know how I can control the fan speed from software,
and preferably from software that can be run under Debian?

thanks
--
Happy Landings,

Jon Detert
IT Systems Administrator, Milwaukee School of Engineering
1025 N. Broadway, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202, U.S.A.