[Madlug] Meeting tonight

alex at depillis.org alex at depillis.org
Fri Aug 10 17:09:47 CDT 2007

MadLUG-ers,

I just joined this list and am looking forward to meeting some of you at 7
PM.

I'm committed to learning more about Linux and various open-source
software, but I'm going to need paid support, too.  (My brother is a big
help, but he's not an IT pro either.)  So I'm looking for a referral
and/or offers of people to consult.

BACKGROUND:
I had someone install Ubuntu (Feisty Fawn) on my (non-Linux-certified)
brand-new laptop.  I have about four hurdles to overcome before I can
really use this new Acer laptop.
1.) Non-functional wireless
2.) Don't know root password; original Ubuntu installer doesn't have it,
at least I haven't been able to get him to find it...
3.) Evolution won't send e-mails
4.) Need to import Windows XP Outlook contacts into Ubuntu Evolution

Regards,

--
Alex DePillis
Madison