[Madlug] Question about 8+ Terabyte Storage.

Jeremy Carroll Jeremyc at tasconline.com
Mon Jan 14 08:21:24 CST 2008

LVM does what it is supposed to well. I know it does not perform parity
redundancy like ZFS Raid-Z, but you don't have to perform redundancy at
the filesystem level. I know this is out of the scope of this talk, but
most mid-level to high-level SAN's perform mirroring / redundancy /
snapshots / etc... No need to put LVM down. LVM is still just for volume
management. IE not a file system & volume management like ZFS.