[Madlug] Hello! Still having SATA Install issues

Brian Kroth bpkroth at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 18 06:15:51 CST 2008

Don't remember if someone already mentioned this, but on some BIOSs
there's a SATA compatibility option that makes it appear as a generic ATA
drive in the OS.  I've also had problems when enabling generic ide support
in the kernel, since that'll catch the drive before sata does.  However,
in both cases it still at least shows up in an fdisk.

Brian