[Madlug] /boot/grub/grub.conf

Moji lordmoji at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 15:22:49 CST 2008

It sounds like you might be trying to right the file off of the CD no off of your newly created root directory. Have you chrooted to the new root? If not, or if you're not sure what that means then you haven't got to that step yet. If you have the new root mounted at /mnt/gentoo then you need to edit the file in that location.

nano /mnt/gentoo/boot/grub/grub.conf

-MJ