[Madlug] ubuntu hardy i386 compatible sheet fed scanners

Thomas Landmann tom.landmann at upsidedownkingdom.org
Sat Jun 28 09:08:03 CDT 2008

Not exactly what you're asking, but I have had reasonable success with HP
and Samsung multi-function devices.

The HP works without any special work, and the Samsung (SCX-4521F) works
after installation of Samsung's Linux software. However, I've had problems
using SANE and gscan2pdf using the Samsung, unless I run the software as
root. I'm sure this could be resolved, but I haven't had the time.

gscan2pdf works great for making paper into PDFs, and also supports OCR
software.

Tom