[Madlug] dual video cards in Fedora 12

Douglas A. Whitfield douglasawh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 20:33:40 CST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Darrick Hartman
<lugs_darrick at djhsolutions.com> wrote:
> Whenever messing with graphic displays, set the inittab to runlevel 3. Will
> save you a bunch of headaches.

I can't run the nvidia GUI then, can I?  I did install the driver in
runlevel 3 in Fedora and then booted up normally and that's when
problems began.

It doesn't look like there's any place in the nVidia settings manager
to do monitor rotation anyway.  Which, the whole reason for trying
this was that the nouveau drivers can do this now.  I'll have to think
about which I prefer, two monitors with one rotated or four with none
rotated.

Also, I tried the drivers Ubuntu suggested (185) and after a reboot,
those couldn't even modify X (which maybe that's better than Fedora
destroying things).

If everything with nVidia has to be done via command line why do they
even bother with a GUI?

I think I probably just need to hit up the nouveau list or IRC and see
if they'll support >2 monitors in the near future and maybe I'll just
wait for that.