[Madlug] just call me Colonel Panic!

Timm Murray tmurray at wumpus-cave.net
Tue Dec 7 15:02:09 CST 2010

On 12/7/2010 2:47 PM, Brian Hagen wrote:
<>
> The Debian system is in fact still there on /devsda2 and presumably intact.
> I just cannot get it to be included in the startup boot-loader display.
> So far I have installed
> various versions of Ubuntu trying to get them to recognize the Debian
> system. The install
> states that it "sees" the Debian system, but the resulting "grub.cfg"
> does not list it at all.
> Trying to "force the matter" by editing grub.cfg has not been successful.

At boot up, the grub menu should give you the option of going into a
manual mode (with the "C" key, I think).  It gives you a command prompt
with full tab completion.  The commands are roughly the same as what you
see in grub.cfg.  With some trial and error, you could probably get into
the Debian system with that.