[Madlug] anyone looking to upgrade and want to sell old hardware?

Brad Stone brad at bizwerks.com
Mon Jun 27 06:50:16 CDT 2011

If you can swing it, I would consider going with a new laptop. You can
find several that are under $400 if you watch for sales.

You can find dual core notebooks that will have the specs and hardware
to keep you happy for years to come. You will appreciate that speed
every day you use it. Plus the extra memory will let you run the
occasional virtual machine. I think they all come with DVD drives and
most come with webcams. Look for one with good battery life.

At this point, I don't recommend netbooks, since they are significantly
slower, have smaller screens, and the cost gap with laptops is
negligible. They are great for portability though.

Brad