[Madlug] broadband in a difficult setting

Moji lordmoji at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 22:55:12 CST 2011

I've seen lots of great info on rural point to point wifi. I also
considered this for my mother's home. It requires battery
set-up/maintenance, some antenna and router investment but this is
doable. When I looked into it there was a man in Wisconsin who had a
great page explaining his project but unfortunately I was unable to
locate that for you, maybe you will have more luck in that.

In addition to that Charter will always run out to where ever you/your
neighborhood is, and often they are willing to share costs 50/50. If you
are seriously interested in this I believe I still have the contact info
for this. At the time it was $10 a foot, they would pay half but
required half in payment, but I was told that could be more or less
depending on the situation. It is not something they offer over the
phone, but for people or businesses willing to share the cost I learned
it was a possibility, and something they do often. If you are interested
in this please contact me off list.

-MJ