[Madlug] upgrading to 11.10

Donald L. Dietmeyer dld at engr.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 14 15:08:42 CDT 2011

I thought that I knew better, so I starting by upgrading a backup linux
installation to 11.10.  I have had Unity running there for these months,
and really didn't like it very much.  But I will give the real thing a try,
and switch to something else, if I can't make it work.  Good theory.

The facts are that I don't get the top bar in 11.10; small problem.
The big problem is that the grub installation does not find my
primary linux system.  It does find Windows XP; that is what I am
running at the moment.  But how do I get my primary installation
to boot so that I can get a bit of work done??
    Don

--
Donald L. Dietmeyer
   2211 Waunona Way